Thursday 4 March 2010

J.R Advertising Poster



To create this concert poster I used the software Adobe Photoshop on an Apple Mac. I upload a picture of J.R my artist at one of his previous concerts. I then used a tool called quick selection tool and erased the background of the original image leaving only an outline of J.R with a mic in his hand. I then went on google to find a background of a stage. I then dragged it to the adobe photoshop icon at the bottom of the screen, this opened up another layer. I then went back to the outline of J.R and used a tool which allowed me to colour him in all black so that it was only a stencil. I then dragged the stencil on to my new layer which was a photo of a stage. I then went back on to google to find pictures of hands. I wanted pictures of hands which shows the audience reaching out to the artist. I then did the same thing with the picture of the hands, I coloured it black with an airbrushing tool. I then dragged this on top of the other layers. I then went back on google to find logos from different music channels and radios. I used www.dafont.com to get different fonts to add to my poster.


As the media is stereotypical you would expect the poster to be budget as JR is an up and coming artist and not yet established.I choose to do the concert like this because I thought it would attract different types of audiences and not just one. I choose to colour the artist in black as i thought it would be a mystery to those people who have never seen or heard his music before this will encourage them to attend the concert. The artist targets teenagers to young adults, this appeals to this target audience as it shows a young man on stage who looks really laid back. The poster shows the audience reaching out to him i used this to show that the artist music is good .







No comments:

Post a Comment